Coaching Packages |
One on One Camps
Over the years I have had the opportunity to work with many athletes ranging from race day support to detailed training plans. I have found no two athletes to be alike, and believe that no two training plans should be alike. I strive to accomplish several goals with my athletes.
- Optimizing performance through a good balance of personal life, work, and training/racing.
- Developing weaknesses while never neglecting natural strengths, essential to being a well-rounded racer.
- Strong emphasis on teamwork as success in cycling is impossible without it.
- Accommodating rider's needs with the specific workouts and training plans that they desire.
- Flexibility to fit any schedule.
- Affordable one on one coaching.
- Having fun, and lots of it!
To begin coaching an initial consultation ($85) is required for NEW athletes. The purpose is to get to know each other and to check basic bicycle fit. A recent lactate threshold test is helpful, but not required. It will be used for creating workouts and proper training zones. A VO2 max test is also helpful, please contact me for more info.
"The REAL Deal"
This is an all-inclusive package that provides detailed training plans and unlimited client initiated contact.
- Off-season meetings which will cover setting personal goals for the season and points along the way, heart rate and/or wattage training zones, and season overview plan.
- One on one meetings as needed. These will cover a wide range of topics as desired by the individual. This is when training plans will be formulated. Plans are distributed via Excel Speadsheet.
- Unlimited client initiated phone/e-mail contact. The purpose being to answer questions, alter training plans and give any necessary advise.
- A Spring training camp will be offered in Spring 2007. The location (most likely Santa Barbara) and content of this camp will be based on the needs of those attending.
- Off-Season training (the most important training block of the year!)
- Race planning and review for each race.
- Special stage race consultations.
- This package truely is the "real" deal.
"The REAL Deal" is $150/month.
All current athlete positions are full. Feel free to e-mail for the most up-to date information on available athlete positions.
One on One Camps:
Ever wondered what it's like to be a full time bicycle racer?
Have you ever dreamed about taking a big step in your development as a rider or racer?
Do you have some vacation time and want to get the most cycling out of it?
This is your chance to maximize your potential with a one on one camp in beautiful Boulder Colorado. You will stay and train in one of the best training areas of the country. You will receive an superb amount of personal attention from your camp coach and counselor, Jon Tarkington. The camp will be designed to cover all of your needs, from diet to training to classroom sessions. It will all be set up just for YOU! This is by far the best way to improve your cycling. Cost varies on number of days and time of year. Please contact me for further information.